Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saw this on Facebook

"I don't believe in God," said the dentist.

"Why?" I asked.

"How could God exist and allow so much suffering & pain in the world?"

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN DENTISTS" I replied.
...
He looked confused, so I asked "If there are dentists in the world, why do so many people have BROKEN, INFECTED,& MISSING TEETH?"

"Well, I can't help anyone who does not come to me to have their teeth fixed!" he said.

"EXACTLY. GOD CAN'T HELP PEOPLE UNTIL THEY COME TO HIM!"

(such a good point.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old man sold toys in the Baghdad market. Knowing that his sight was not quite perfect, his customers sometimes paid him with fake money.

The old man discovered the ruse, but did not say anything.
In his prayers he asked God to forgive those who cheated him.
“Perhaps they’re short of money and want to buy presents for their children,” he said to himself.
...
The time passed and the old man died. Standing before the gates of Heaven, he prayed once more:

- Lord! – he said. – I am a sinner. I did many wrong things, I am no better than the false coins I was paid. Forgive me!

At that moment the gates swung open and a Voice was heard:

- Forgive what? How can I judge someone who all through his life never once passed judgment on others?

Written by Paulo Coelho


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't do it just because the previous generation did it.

"My mother used to cut the ends off the pot roast before cooking it. I asked her why and she said because her mother used to do it. So I went to my grandmother and asked her why she cut the ends off her pot roast, and she said because her mother used to do it. Finally, I visited my great grandmother and asked her why she used to cut the ends off the pot roast, and she said because the pan was too small." - Virginia W. Educated Parenting


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more to come, i'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting :)